Trump again breaks the financing of the wind, canceling $ 679 million in federal funding for a dozen offshore projects

Friday, the transport service canceled $ 679 million in federal funding for a dozen offshore wind projects, the Trump administration’s latest attack on the American offshore wind industry.
The financing of projects in 11 states was canceled, including 435 million dollars for a floating wind farm in northern California and $ 47 million to stimulate an offshore wind project in Maryland that the Interior Department is committed to cancel.
“Windness waste projects use resources that could otherwise revitalize the American maritime industry,” said Sean Duffy, transport secretary, in a statement. “Thanks to President Trump, we deprive real improvements in infrastructure compared to fantastic wind projects that cost a lot and offer little.”
This is the last stage of the administration against renewable energy sources
The Trump administration has intensified its crusade against wind and other renewable energy sources in recent weeks, reducing federal funding and the cancellation of projects approved by the Biden administration in a sustained attack on clean energy sources which, according to scientists, are crucial for the fight against climate change.
President Donald Trump has promised to restore American “energy domination” on the world market and prompted American dependence on fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas that emit greenhouse gases rechuing the planet.
The representative of California, Jared Huffman, the best democrat of the Chamber’s Natural Resources Committee, described Duffy’s action as “scandalous” and deeply disappointing.
Trump and his office “have an obstinate and mystifying hatred of clean energy,” said Huffman in an interview. “It’s so dogmatic. They are ready to eliminate thousands of jobs and an entire sector that can provide cheap and reliable power to American consumers. ”
The canceled funding will be redirected to upgrading ports and other infrastructure in the United States, as far as possible, said the transport service.
Other wind projects are also interrupted
In addition, Trump’s energy department said on Friday that it withdrew a 716 million dollar loan guarantee approved by the Biden administration to upgrade and develop a transmission infrastructure to adapt to an offshore wind project now threatened in New Jersey.
The movements are involved while the administration suddenly interrupted the construction last week of an almost complete wind farm off the coast of Rhode Island and Connecticut. The Interior Department said that the government should review the $ 4 billion wind energy energy project and respond to national security problems. He did not specify what these concerns are.
Democratic governors, legislators and union workers in New England called Trump and Interior Secretary Doug Burgum to reverse the course.
Trump has long expressed his disdain for wind energy, frequently calling it a form of ugly and expensive energy that “intelligent” countries do not use.
Earlier this month, the Interior Department canceled a large wind farm in Idaho, a project approved at the end of the mandate of former president Joe Biden who had criticized his proximity to a historic site where Americans of Japanese origin were imprisoned during the Second World War.
Trump blames the renewable power for the increase in energy prices
Last week, the prices of American electricity increasing more than double the inflation rate, Trump was unleashed, falsely blaming the renewable power for the strengthening of the energy costs. He called the wind and solar energy “The scam of the century!” In an article on social networks and promised not to approve any wind or solar projects.
“We do not authorize the windmills to set up unless there is a legal situation where someone hired there a long time ago,” said Trump at a meeting of the cabinet on Tuesday.
Energy analysts claim that renewable sources have little to do with recent price increases, which are based on increased demand for artificial intelligence and energy -eagerly energy data centers, as well as aging infrastructure and increasingly extreme weather events such as forest fires exacerbated by climate change.
The Developer of Revolution Wind, the Danish Energy Company Orsted, said that it evaluated the financial impact of the construction stop on the New England project and envisaged legal proceedings.
Revolution Wind should be Rhode Island and the first offshore wind farm at Connecticut’s commercial scale, capable of propeling more than 350,000 houses. In addition to hindering the climatic objectives of states, the loss of all this renewable power could increase the prices of electricity throughout the region, according to Democratic leaders.
Critics say that climate and jobs are at risk
Trump has made progress to prioritize fossil fuels and hinder renewable energy projects. These include the examination of wind and solar energy permits, to cancel the plans to use large federal water areas for the development of offshore wind and the stopping of work on another offshore wind project for New York, although the construction was then authorized to resume.
Some criticisms say that the steps to cancel projects endanger the means of subsistence of the Americans.
“This is an attack on our work,” said the governor of Rhode Island, Dan McKee, about the decision to stop the construction of Revolution Wind. “It is an attack on our energy. It is an attack on our families and their ability to pay the bills. ”
Patrick Crowley, president of the Rhode Island AFL-CIO, said that his union “was going to fight (Trump) at each stage of the path, no matter what time is needed.”
Under Biden, the United States has held the very first lease auction for floating wind farms in December 2022. The deep waters off the west coast are better suited to floating projects than those who are anchored in the seabed, officials said.
https://fortune.com/img-assets/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/GettyImages-2232224357-e1756500542724.jpg?resize=1200,600